One of the key factors to a successful event is a strong marketing plan. Without an effective strategy to promote the event, there may not be enough attendees, typically resulting in a loss of revenue and a negative impact on the event’s reputation.
A well-executed marketing plan can help to build brand awareness and establish a loyal customer base for future events. It is well worth the investment of time and resources into marketing and promoting your event.
Here are some steps you can take to create a marketing plan for a local event:
- Follow the steps outlined in our Event Planning Best Practices blog.
- Pick your date and create an event on the community calendar, Facebook events, Eventbrite, Google events, and other event sites.
- Choose your marketing channels: Social media, flyers, posters, local news outlets, and word-of-mouth are all great ways to get the word out. Posters should be placed in high-traffic areas to get the most out of the cost of printed materials. Consider reaching out to radio stations, newspapers, billboard agencies, or other promotional agencies to reach audiences outside the local area!
- Craft your message: Develop an engaging message that highlights the benefits of attending the event and the experience participants will immerse themselves in.
- Collaborate with others and boost your message! Share with local pages, local influencers, and other social media groups to get the word out. Ask people to share or invite their friends to the event. You can use paid advertisements, contests and giveaways, and more on social media to get more visibility for the event. You should post content regularly leading up to the event to gain more traction.
- Set a budget: Determine how much you can afford to spend on marketing because you should absolutely invest in marketing! Sponsorships from individuals or local businesses are a common strategy for event organizers to fund their budgets. If you’re interested in learning more marketing funding options, visit here to learn about the TDC Event Funding program.
- Create a timeline: Develop a timeline for your marketing efforts and allocate enough time for each tactic to be effective.
- Measure your results: Track your results and adjust your marketing plan accordingly.
To effectively market an event, it is essential to identify your target audience and tailor your messaging to their interests and needs.
Utilize social media platforms, email marketing, and targeted advertising to reach your audience. Collaborate with relevant influencers and partners to increase your reach and credibility. Remember to create visually appealing and informative promotional materials, such as flyers and posters, to generate buzz and interest. Get creative and be resourceful with your marketing efforts, and don’t be afraid to experiment with different tactics to get the best results. Utilize your available resources to help market your event into success!
Need More Help?
If you’re needing assistance with planning your upcoming event in Jackson County, contact us at: