Built in ca. 1849 by local attorney William Anderson, this house played an important role in the Battle of Marianna and an interior door bears sword marks from the fighting. Its builder was a brigadier general in the Florida Militia before and during the Civil War and was captured in the Battle of Marianna. The house was later owned by Dr. J.T. Holden. During the Battle of Marianna, Confederate troops and volunteers were positioned on the grounds and heavy fighting took place as Union soldiers drove them down the slope behind the house in hand to hand fighting. The home is now a day spa.