Built in 1869, this historic general store is believed to be the oldest such enterprise still in operation in Florida. Originally named N.B. Long and Bros., the business was built on land purchased from Col. John M.F. Erwin, owner of the adjacent Erwin House. Because he lived so nearby, Col. Erwin stipulated that the business could not be used as a livery stables or blacksmith shop. Lawrence Pender bought the store in 1896 and reneamed it L.S. Pender’s. It remains in the Pender family today and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The store is open on weekdays and the public is welcome.