Erected in 1902 on the site of an earlier private bank, the historic First National Bank Building was considered one of Florida’s finest banking structures of its day. Tradition holds that it was the first bank in Florida to use an adding machine. The top of the building is crowned by a beautiful ornamental eagle. One of two that originally stood on the columns that rise on each side of the roof, it was moved to the peak of the facade after its twin was lost. The building is now owned by the City of Marianna, but is not open to the public pending restoration and remodeling work. It can be viewed from Confederate Memorial Park, the triangular park area in the center of historic Marianna.