Florida’s oldest baptist church in continuous service, the historic Campbellton Baptist Church was founded in 1825 as Bethlehem Baptist Church. It was also the first Baptist church in Florida to have a Female Missionary Society. The current sanctuary was built in 1858 and its name was changed to Campbellton Baptist Church the following year. On September 26, 1864, Union troops camped on the grounds before moving south to the Battle of Marianna the next day. The church remains in use today with regular services. The historic cemetery that surrounds the church contains the graves of numerous early settlers, Civil War soldiers and others.