Originally the west wing of the nearby Ely-Criglar Mansion, this home was built in ca. 1840 and survived the Battle of Marianna. It included the bedrooms of the original house. It was disconnected from the mansion during the early 1900s and turned to face Russ Street. Since that time it has been used as a residence, apartments and now as a business office. It overlooks the intersection of Lafayette and Russ Streets, known locally as Ely Corner, the site where heavy fighting began during the Battle of Marianna.